Thursday, November 19, 2009

Using other email account with AT&T DSL?

A client of mine has AT%26amp;T DSL, but doesn't use the email account that came with it. Instead, he uses email from his web site. When getting/receiving email, he has been using AT%26amp;T's STMP server and his email account's incoming mail server. This was all working fine until recently, when he had to change the SMTP security settings (per an AT%26amp;T tech's instructions). Now he can't receive email. What's up?

Using other email account with AT%26amp;T DSL?
Hmmm, I'm a bit puzzled. You say he can't receive mail, which is a function of POP mail settings.





SMTP mail setting affect sending mail.





Both smtp and pop setting should match the mailing provider, either att.yahoo or his domain provider.





I too have att dsl mail as well as my own domain and I have settings that match each for mail I send and receive on each.


No comments:

Post a Comment