Monday, April 12, 2010

Hyperlink in email body?

How do I remove (not delete !!!) a hyperlink (email address) from an email message body. I just don't want it to appear as a hyperlink, that's all, I still want the text to be there.





There is no HTTP. I type in an email address and Yahoo turns it intoi a Hyperlink and I don't want it to appear as a hyperlink.





Don't give me any kluge fixes like typing spaces between the letters - that's just BS!





Picture this ... you're sending someone an email and you want to tell the what your Paypal acct. is (which happens to be an email address - but not the one you're sending the email from). In the body of the email you type the address and Yahoo changes it to a hypelink - undelining it and obliterating and dots or underscores! I want to remove the hyperlink ONLY so that the email address appears as plain old text. There is no "http" to remove, you can't put spaces before or after the address - that doesn't work.





If you truly don't know the answer PLEASE don't post a reply !!!

Hyperlink in email body?
I gave advice before and it works with classic and new Yahoo mail. With the "http" there is a link, without it there is not. I just did the same test with Thunderbird and it is the same. I am not able to recreate your problem. Are you using another email program that creates the link?





I did a further test using "plain text" and got the same results.



Reply:I understand very well what you mean, but not only Yahoo does turn emailaddresses into hyperlinks in mails. It happens in all kinds of programs, also when you f.i. are typing documents, when you type an emailaddress correct, it becomes a link.


So maybe you have to look in your p.c. itself in some program to change this. We try to be helpfull but you're not


very gratefull.





I've asked the experts: It seems to be very simple: immediately after typing the emailaddress, click on backspace and the emailaddress will become a normal word.

americal dental

No comments:

Post a Comment