Saturday, April 17, 2010

Disguising your business email address?

Is it possible to disguise your email address and not be blacklisted or is that a red flag because you are hiding your true identity?





For example say my email address is 312@abc.com and I disguise it as coming from chris@business.com. What I am doing is taking my home email address and making it my business address but making it look more professional.





I know how to set this up I am just wanting to know if it will blacklist my email address and make it so my clients do not get my email I am sending because servers think it is spam.





Thanks for your help.

Disguising your business email address?
Disguising your e-mail address is going to get your e-mail blocked by many spam filters. It will also reduce trust amongst your clients.





You would be better off using your proper business address and if you want to receive e-mails from it set up a forwarder to forward a copy of all e-mails to your home address (being careful to remain within data privacy laws for your country).





If you are using a domain name and web host for receiving business e-mails, then there is a good chance that your web host offers a web based e-mail client (such as Horde, or Squirrel Mail). If you use an e-mail client on your computer to download e-mail from your server, you should be able to set it to leave a copy on the server (either for x amount of days, or until you delete it from your computer e-mail program's trash folder). If you do this, you could then access your business e-mail from your home computer and send responses from that address without having to mask up your home e-mail address. Or you could put the appropriate settings into your home computer's e-mail program to receive your business e-mails from your web server also, and simply store them in a dedicated folder within your e-mail program.





Best of luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment