Saturday, April 17, 2010

Email human resources??

I have been looking online for jobs at universities. I found a job that seemed to fit me but it said applications must be received by December 14, 2007. I was wondering why would it still be up then? They supply an email. Should I email the HR department to see if they are still looking and just forgot to change the date? Is it better to just call as a general inquiry? Also, if I do sent an email should I send one that is similar to a cover letter?

Email human resources??
Send an app in anyway. 90% chance that the job's been filled or cancelled and the HR folks think they're too busy to keep their website updated. 10% chance that the job's still available but the HR folks think they're too busy to make the change to the date.





(Yes, I think HR people are useless turds.)
Reply:i would send an e-mail to inquire on the status of the job. If it's one you're interested in, why not? While I wouldn't include the entire cover letter text, it wouldn't hurt to give a quick summary of why you think you're qualified.


No comments:

Post a Comment