Saturday, April 17, 2010

Email follow up to a job application?

I emailed an application to an elementary school applying for a summer internship around 10 days ago and never heard back. No phone number was given, just an email. I'm sure I could find a phone number if I looked on their website, but I feel like that's not appropriate if they only had an email contact on the job posting.





Should I email a follow up? What should I say? I was hoping to at least get an interview, because I had a lot of applicable experience for a student. I always feel obnoxious pestering people about my applications. There was no definite end date for hiring.

Email follow up to a job application?
As it has been said email them back. Sometimes emails get lost or junked.


Always follow up emails in 2 days and a phone number is not a bad idea.


When making application via email make sure you understand what form of a reply they are looking for.


Attach forms and documents as doc and pdf if possible and double check spelling and grammar.
Reply:You should definitely follow up with an email. They need to know that, out of the hundreds of emails about this job that they received, you are really serious.


In addition, find the phone number and make the call. If they say its already filled, chalk it up to a life experience. You may already be too late. This should have been done earlier.


No comments:

Post a Comment